[discuss] Transiting e-mails

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Tue Jan 7 08:27:45 UTC 2014

Hi Michel,
At 15:29 06-01-2014, Michel Gauthier wrote:
>- either devise a solution for the users to be sure that tjeir
>datagrams will not go across the US or any other country which might
>have similar laws,

It is unlike that such a solution, if it is possible, would be standardized.

>- or - if this is not possible - to add to the packet a kind of
>"legal embargo" making it illegal to use the content of the datagram
>against its author.

I suggest asking the relevant government about the above.

Note that the user does not have any control over the path taken by a
packet to reach its destination.  It is possible to set restrictions,
such as which country a packet transits through, in a closed
network.  The simple response is that it is not possible to set such
a restriction in an open network.

I'll skip the second question.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy