[discuss] [bestbits] Fwd: Heads up on Brazil meeting preparation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Jan 8 19:45:45 UTC 2014

On Jan 8, 2014, at 11:15 AM, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal <jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net> wrote:

> My report is based upon Lynn Saint Amour statements. It does not come out of personal considerations. The out of the public view is a reality you cannot deny.

You claimed "the existence of these meetings has now become a public information"...  If you
mean that that they now are more visible, then we're in agreement (and quite expected given
the Montevideo Statement)

However, implying that there was no public information available previously and that the very
existence of these meetings was unavailable to the public is a specious claim.

> Given the nature of the Internet, (no one owns the Internet, and all that bla-bla), it is amusing to finally come to a point where we suddenly have a grouping coordinating ... under the I* naming, appearing to be the governing board, under a direct mandate of the US trade department, and with the financial support of the major players. These meetings should have been publicized much more. And indeed, then, it is no surprise to have this coordination existing.

Not anything close to a "governing board", just the leaders of the existing organizations getting
together to coordinate actions between their organizations (and their certainly with no imprimatur
of any country)

/John

John Curran
President and CEO