[discuss] Meet with the wind or the future?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Jan 11 14:10:29 UTC 2014

Up to know the smokescreening game of ICANN and other CS committees
was to "vote on the way to vote". Now there is more money, it becomes
to "meet on the way to meet". This is decision filtering by T&L.

Carole D'Avo is therefore succeeding in doing a brillant internet
time piece of art: internationally buzzing the internet to help Dilma
Rousseff's reelection and Fadi Chehade's job survival (if ICANN is
replaced by a World Digisphere Organization, the job is gone), from
quasi nothing but wind (and Lynn St Amour long work - and some Rod
Beckstrom ideas - I will answer Steve Crocker's mail on the topic
explaining him my "RD proding" as it somewhat fundamental, but each
thing in its time).

1. The SP BarCamp

Actually who cares about a Nth two days BarCamp on:
* Internet governance principles (slogan "ICANN racket is vital to the world")
* Roadmap for the further evolution of the Internet governance
ecosystem (slogan "make sure the EDI security is cotrolled by a
globalized ICANN").

Only one really cares: ICANN on its path to globalization. As JC
Nothias noted it, in globalization, currently ICANN only focus on
internationalization.

1.1. Globalization

For those who are not familiar with POSIX technical globalization
introduced by Mark Davis at IBM, now Unicode President, is the way to
remove the language (hence political, technical, cultural, etc.)
barrier between US made computers and their foreign customers. It is
a missing layer six typical functor. It includes:
- "internationalization" : everything is encapsulated in US
industrial context (norms, standards, best practices or language),
- "localization": correspondance with local presentation models, e.g.
in using the "locale" files.
- "labelization": in order to permit filtering based on container
tagging rather than on deep exploration of the content details and specifics.

This is the IETF system for linguistic "internationalized" support
(language tagging and IDN). It opposes Multilinguization permitted by
Louis Pouzin's catenet under the Michel Elie's layers (cf.
http://www.eurolinc.eu). Multilingualization "internationalizes" the
languistic diversity itself. It considers every language and culture
on an equal footing basis, every of them being being technologically
as important as the American language.

1.2. Subsidiaritization

Globalization is therfore a direct opposition to presentation layer
six cross-lateralism - which is the founding principle of MSism
(everyone can talk to everyone the way he/she wants - and/or think it
is more efficient).

- Globalization is /1net host to host (demanding one controlled
single system).
- Subsidiarity is n2n (need to need). The presentation layer six
functors (homomorphism systems) supporting the open synegry.

As per its first motivation the internet is a globalized end to end
project of catenetization [Louis Pouzin's network of networks] (IEN
48) which, as per its second motivation (IEN 48), supports diversity
through subsidiarization at the fringe (RFC 1958) as illustrated in
the case of the linguistic diversity by RFC 5895.

1.3. ICANN interest

What ICANN is interested in, in order to survive, is to tie legal,
political, common practice, contractual globalizing links in order to
replace its subsidiarization lack of interest. The target is to
justify a physical IANA political centricity on the digisphere open
parameters (one single file, on a single computer system, under a
single authority). This is deeply rooted in the IPR anglo-saxon
understanding (the property of what has been gathered, written and is
executed) when compared with the European author's rights (the
property is on what has been thought by who thought it).

You will note that there is so far what ICANN shopped for: specific
Gov mentionned (their GAC is a Brazilian Government Advisory
Committee). There will be (at least twelve?) "Ministerial-level
representation from twelve governments" (i.e. an ICANN GAC minority
group). Who they will be? No more information on Govs than on /1net?
International happening is fun! :-)

2. The possibly cute Brazilian trick

However, let look carefully at the whole thing, because the Brazilian
contribution could be quite intelligent or intelligently usable -
even if it failed.

2.1. politically:

I am sure that both Dilma and Fadi intend to extensively use the "Sao
Paulo Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet
Governance" prepared conclusions as prestigious decisions of
reference in order:

-- to help the WCIT minority leaders (US & Telcos) to lead the
I*world in carrying good business with the WCIT majority leading
minority (BRICS)
-- assisted by a more geographically distributed political ICANN
intermediation system (extending the people/business ISOC at cross
"Ministerial-level").

2.2. technically:

It is interesting that:

-- the technopolitical Chair (an Academic also Secretary at the
Ministry of Science and Technology), i.e. the political presence is
highly and advancedly technically competent.
-- the co-chairs areas introduces the academic area but still misses
the Intelligent Use [IUse] area as does the IRTF long range concerns
(IUse is now).
-- the meeting is held in Sao Paulo. As being locate in Montpellier,
a city twinned with Rio I will miss linkages to local academic R&D
contacts. However, I can only applaud the choice of Sao Paulo: the
local attendees (if invited) crowd will have real
expertise/capacities on the missing layer six and intellition related issues

2.3 the Chair:

Virgílio Augusto Fernandes de Almeida has technical experience in
e-commerce systems (this should please ICANN and Fadi's EDI friends)
and is interested in some of the leading missing layer 6 applications
(Web, social networks, naming).
- http://homepages.dcc.ufmg.br/~virgilio/site/?n1=shortbio&lingua=ing)
- http://somos.ufmg.br/professores/view/2739
- http://icannwiki.com/index.php/Virgilio_Augusto_Fernandes_Almeida.

He might therefore investigate areas not covered by the I*system. BTW
it is noteworthy that IRTF:
- has not co-signed the OpenStand RFC 6852 modern paradigm
- has closed the IETF research on some interesting topics
(http://irtf.org/groups): we will see which one the technical
Internet Governance will revive and request?

2.4. The Intersem outcome

I am interested in the intersem (semiotic internet of thoughts). I
therefore need a complete support of the internet, i.e. the
correction of the internet BUG (bog into an unique globality)
limiting its extensions, sercurity and services (LESS). I consider
(my personal possibly wrong vision) that the architectural solution
roots in the presentation layer six implementation as a Plugged Layer
on the User Side (PLUS) IUI, intelligent user interface.

There is two possible (probable) outcomes:
- Virgilio gives the internet an additional chance to better
integrate itself in the digisphere it helped developping,
- he cannot. This will dismay the intellition R&D people who may
however at this occasion to better know each others (as in the
DARPA/CGC project) and possibly coalesce together.

jfc