[discuss] cgi.br release regarding Brazil Global MSM on Internet Governance

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 08:17:37 UTC 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
On 11 Jan 2014 21:23, "Avri Doria" <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It seems to me that the steering committee should receive candidate lists
from those who wish to send them candidate lists.

You mean 1Net steering/coordinating committee that is still in the process
of formation (Almost formed pending nomination from technical) should
received nominations?

 They then have the responsibility for doing due diligence to make sure the
appropriate diversity and inclusion requirements are met.

What other nomination is left apart from selecting a co-chair among the
already nominated members of the 1Net steering committee for the br event?

The way I see it, 1Net has 5 members in her 4 stakeholder representation
which makes 20. There is a br event that requires 1Net to provide
3x4(stakeholders) for HLMC and 8 names for the EMC. Coincidentally, this
still sum up to 20, as it's important that those who were nominated to
coordinate/steer 1Net represent at the br event for proper reporting,
follow-up and accountability. So the 1Net committee should just determine
how they split into the HLMC and EMC for the one time br event.

Cheers!