[discuss] cgi.br release regarding Brazil Global MSM on Internet Governance

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Tue Jan 14 07:35:47 UTC 2014

Hello,
At 19:40 13-01-2014, parminder wrote:
>Like allowing one's data to be stored in or flow through the US, a
>country where non US citizens have no legal right or recourse? Like
>letting the DNS security architecture to be centralized and be in
>the hands of US gov where again one has no legal right or recourse?
>I completely agree. This situation needs to be remedied.. Should be
>the priority number one of the Brazil meeting..

If I understood the above correctly, the problems are:

   (i)  Allowing one's data to be stored in the United States of America.

   (ii) Allowing one's data to flow through the United States of America.

I did not understand the part about "letting the DNS security
architecture be centralized and be in the hands of the US gov.  It
would help me understand that part if there were more details.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy