[discuss] Interesting article

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 12:56:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:

>> At 02:29 14-01-2014, Ali Hussein wrote:
>>
>>>  www.alyhussein.com/internet-governance/
>>>

>> It's interesting to read a blog about Internet Governance and Freedom
>> from an African Perspective.  I have a few minor comments:
>>
>>   "However, to maintain interoperability, all technical and policy aspects
>>    of the underlying core infrastructure and the principal namespaces are
>>    administered by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
>>   (ICANN), headquartered in Marina del Rey, California."
>>

> Minor comment here, by the transformation driven by Fadi there are no
> longer ICANN "headquarters," just Hub Offices and Engagement Centers.

Hmmm...is that really what it meant? isn't it that it is now that there is
headquarters in US with branches in other part of the world? I wonder how
this now play in terms of ICANN following the requirements of US government
and other government where they have "branches"(hubs) established. Most
especially as it relates to tax paying requirements.

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*