[discuss] Interesting article

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 15:24:19 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2014, at 11:42 PM, Jorge Amodio wrote:
>

> > On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Roland Perry <
> roland at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:
> > In message <
> CAMzo+1bYKXDJVt_zckNGnacn32j4qwEXXGsV8L3YMo2tsYd3XQ at mail.gmail.com>, at
> 07:37:24 on Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> writes
> >
> > So the US-centric issue is not ICANN, but IANA.
> >Check the affirmation of commitments <
> http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/aoc/affirmation-of-commitments-30sep09-en.htm
> >

> 8. ICANN affirms its commitments to: ... (b) remain a not for profit
> corporation, headquartered in the United States of America with offices
> around the world to meet the needs of a global community; (end quote)
>
> So this clears up Jorge's understanding of ICANN locations, perhaps Ali is
just left with updating the headquarters address (although this depends on
when he wrote the article)

Now this is a good topic for the meeting in Brazil: globalization of ICANN,
> what a new affirmation of commitments might look like (building on what
> we've got, which doesn't look so bad), how to design a new host country
> agreement, etc.  Add globalization of the IANA functions and there are two
> pretty heavy topics.  Take a lot more time than we have between now and
> April 23-24, but can make a start in Brazil.

Looks like interesting perspectives are emerging, great suggestion Adam
(Case opened ;))

Cheers!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*