[discuss] Who is responsible for security

Joseph Alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Fri Jan 17 07:26:26 UTC 2014

I think we need to recall that at there are issues related to government policies on security as well as technical issues related to security.  The pace of change of technology and uses of information makes it I'll advised for government policies to be too specific in the details of security or it's technical implementation...

Finally to take the lock analogy too far, all parties have responsibility; the lock makers, the lock installers  as well as the users.  The user, for example, cannot reasonably use a suitcase lock to secure a house, but likewise, the user cannot be expected to have the expertise of either the lock maker or installer.

Joe

Sent from my iPad