[discuss] Interesting article

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri Jan 17 07:30:12 UTC 2014

On 17 jan 2014, at 08:18, Patrik Fältström <paf at frobbit.se> wrote:

> On 16 jan 2014, at 21:47, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:
>
>> On 16-Jan-14 15:32, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>>
>>> You think about when ccTLDs where added, and if we ignore the IDN-cctld's, the last added was .sx that was added to the root zone 2011-12-11.
>>
>> Why ignore IDN-ccTLDs? They get added all the time with little or no angst.
>
> I did not have time when I checked to look through my scripts and statistics which ones of the xn-- strings where actually part of the idn-cctld.
>
> So the reason was just because I was lazy.

Btw, the main point in my posting was that *changes* does not only involve adding of TLDs to the root zone, but also changes of NS records, DS records and whatever else. All of those changes passes the same channels when the data moves from IANA via signing to the root server operators. And changes to the root zone happens literally every day. For example, on Jan 13 zones BY, GW and SD changed their name servers.

   Patrik