[discuss] Problem definition 1, version 5

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 20:55:43 UTC 2014

> 3) denationalization, i.e., delegation to a transnational private actor

Could we really say that delegation to a transnational private actor means
to "de-nationalize"? I tend to think this is over-simplification. This
private actor may not have a corresponding nationality in the sense that a
country does. But if we zoom in and look inside it, there are other issues
to take into account. Where is it based? What is its institutional culture?
Where is its staff from? Who are the members?  Do vocal people inside it
really correspond to a global diversity of views? There are many different
ways in which apparently de-nationalized transnational actors may in fact
have nationality(ies).
Marília

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> [...]

*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora
Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio

Researcher and Coordinator
Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate
www.diplomacy.edu