[discuss] Problem definition 1, version 5

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 01:59:57 UTC 2014

Milton,

I think that I understand your point, but I think about the situation somewhat differently.

The majority of approaches to this issue will require a change of policy on the part of the USG.  That's a transition problem, possibly the major one in some cases.  I'd prefer to look at the possible solutions first and factor that problem into those that require it.

I think I agree that the solutions will distribute themselves into the three classes that you define below, and perhaps even more.  I'd prefer to start discussion of the solutions in more detail rather than start with what seems a bit too top-down a classification approach.  I fear the the devil really is in the details here.

You might want to flesh out some scenarios within the three classes below and propose them a possible approaches for evaluation against the criteria.  Perhaps that's too simple an approach.

George