[discuss] Br official site launched

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Jan 28 02:49:35 UTC 2014

On 28/01/14 08:42, Seun Ojedeji wrote:

> *about the meeting*
>
> "This meeting will focus on crafting Internet governance principles
> and proposing a roadmap for the further evolution of the Internet
> governance ecosystem. The meeting is scheduled for April 23rd and 24th
> 2014 in Sao Paulo, Brazil and will be live webcast enabling remote
> participation. *The meeting is a partnership between CGI.br and /1net.*"

*sigh* We keep hearing this, but why?  There is no consensus on this
list that the Brazil meeting can or should be a partnership with 1net,
and (unless I missed it?) the archives of the steering list indicate
that no such decision has been authorised there either.  This statement
is really misleading and surely needs to be removed unless or until
there is agreement on it within the constituencies of the 1net steering
committee representatives.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

*WCRD 2014 - Fix Our Phone Rights!* |
http://consint.info/fix-our-phone-rights

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
<http://www.facebook.com/consumersinternational>

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't
print this email unless necessary.

*WARNING*: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly
recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For
instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.