[discuss] Net Neutrality: Perhaps the FCC is the wrong agency?

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Tue Jun 3 19:38:47 UTC 2014

Michael,

The entire issue of what precisely is net neutrality is fair game.

I think people have become a bit too comfortable in believing they
understand the issues.

In order for the internet to work as we've come to expect many pieces
must operate properly and fairly.

Bandwidth is only one dimension. For example, do we need DNS
neutrality?

Unfortunately what I foresee is if there is success in enforcing
"bandwidth neutrality" then the oligopolies will leap to some other
dimension eventually tiring out the hue and cry.

I think the problem is govt protected but largely unregulated and
unchallenged oligopoly, not these various symptoms we observe.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada