[discuss] Net Neutrality: Perhaps the FCC is the wrong agency?

Michel S. Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Wed Jun 4 00:30:07 UTC 2014

At 21:38 03/06/2014, Barry Shein wrote:
>I think people have become a bit too comfortable in believing they
>understand the issues.

 From my low level understanding I believe you are 100% true. The
whole human thinking, societal system, etc. are engaged into a major
change of which most only consider the surface.

I refered to bandwidth because this is the FCC preoccupation for 80
years. Then came the change they led in introducing competition after
having introduced ITU MSism (coordinating Ma Bell and other carriers
over the mix with other technologies). And as you say content
monitoring. With the Internet they probably need the assistance of the NSA?

NTIA has bet on the DNS root and IP addresses. From what I observe
these bets might be confronted to grassroots generalizations and
OpenStand market related global communities.

Anyway, for a global network one needs a global solution. This is
what NTIA looks for but the idea of a structural organization (ICANN)
is anachronic. This has to be a neutral algorithm based protocol.

M S G