[discuss] shifts in IANA/accountability discussion: your thoughts?

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 00:17:29 UTC 2014

Am 06/19/2014 05:16 p.m., schrieb Seun Ojedeji:
> The overall point is that everything man made has cost associated to it one
> way or the other; it is either paid or paid for.
> So when someone says "internet should be free", I can only hope that he is
> saying "internet cost should be paid FOR by someone else". While also
> indicating the specific person to pay so we go pursuing him/her.

Dear Seun,

you think in structures of the capitalistic environments. The principles
of that are the centralisation and monopolisation.

If you think in a more decentralized environment, then you can find more
and more the real basics of economy.

For our communication system it is similar to all others areas, in that
we are activ. Like watersystems, electrical and thermal energy, seeds,
transport systems and his basics, agriculture and landscape development,
material technology and so on.

In general we need the local technical infrastructures for design,
construct and building of that, what we need or think to need.

And, of course, the communication system is the most important
instrument on this way. For the free access to the free knowledge. And
this is not a philosophical problem of chicken and egg. We construct
with this bad system a better one.

Never this development is a question of money. It is a question for the
activity of people. But as an atomic seperated actors you never can go
this way. Only as a part of a community it is possible.

many greetings, willi
Panama City