[discuss] Roadmap for globalizing IANA

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Mar 5 03:27:49 UTC 2014

Yes, you are missing a new check/balance: the DNSA is a separate, autonomous organization from ICANN.
So policy is more clearly separated from operation and implementation.

From: discuss-bounces at 1net.org [mailto:discuss-bounces at 1net.org] On Behalf Of joseph alhadeff

While I am not as well versed in these issues and their history of some of the more frequent commentators, it would seem that accountability is often benefited by and predicated on a separation of duties in oversight.  The new organization seems to rely on self-interested parties having an alignment of interest with the public good as opposed to the more traditional concept of separation of duties/interest in oversight.  Am I missing the checks and balances?