[discuss] Failure of the Survey

Paul Wilson pwilson at apnic.net
Wed Mar 5 14:56:22 UTC 2014

Dear Adiel,

If 150 people opted in to the survey then I certainly hope that those efforts will not have been for nothing.

I hope that the responses can be collated and synthesised in some way, and sent to NETmundial as a submission which is representative not of /1net, but rather as an attempt to represent the views of 150 /1net participants who chose to respond.   In the time available I think this must be submitted in the name(s) of those who undertook the survey, with a disclaimer that their interpretation is not formally representative (except in terms of raw numerical analysis).  Also in the interest of transparency I suggest that the raw data be published and submitted at the same time (with name and email id removed, along with any other identifying data which may have been entered).

This is a nontrivial exercise but I hope that someone is generous enough with their time to make the effort.  If not, then so be it; I cannot spend this time myself and don't demand that others should work for nothing.

Thanks for your own efforts on this initiative.

Paul.