[discuss] Failure of the Survey

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Wed Mar 5 19:47:38 UTC 2014

+1 Greg

Paul, I would say in addition that I know I am not the only person who
participated in the survey who opposed its use as a NetMundial input after
completing it. Many of us participated out of curiosity or to ensure our
opinions were included if against our wishes the survey did proceed.

Participation in the survey cannot be construed as agreement with this
rushed process or agreement that the outputs are in any way representative
of 1net. I would add that due to its wide promotion through vehicles such as
.nxt it cannot be seen to be a survey of 1net participants or presented as
such. Without knowing the names of respondents, I would not be surprised to
see that the majority were not 1net participants.

Ian Peter