[discuss] Where am I wrong?

Elisabeth Blanconil info at vgnic.org
Fri Mar 7 16:41:30 UTC 2014

Concerning the outcome of the Sao Paulo meeting, I believe the same
as ARIN concerning the best outcome for the WCIT. It should be one that:
- maintains the multi-stakeholder environment to the best extent possible.
- ensures the resulting Internet Governance best practices reflect
high-level principles that are updated to meet today's environment.
- keeps technology neutral and does not mandate items that could have
a detrimental effect on the Internet's evolution and stability.

This is not what I see being targeted on this list where are discussed:
- a DNS *Authority* (not an open MS system) while no definition is
being given of the internet, the internet community, globalization,
stakeholder, multi-stakeholderism functioning.
- technical details concerning one single authoritative DNS class
over 35,635, the DNS being only one of the possible digital naming systems
- the technical numbers and parameters are tied to self-assumed
monopolies (ICANN, RIRs) not originated from nor subject to the MS
review of the internet community?

As such I can only observe that this /1net list certainly gathers
good will persons, managers and experts but is in no-way legitimate
in representing the non-defined internet community. I consider that
multi-stakeholderism can only consist in empowering each stakeholder
and observing the general decision that will emerge from the sum of
their individual decisions.

This has been the case IRT the States where 89 of them signed the
WCIT and 55 opposed, while I see on this list no consideration of the
points signed by those 89 States that will certainly affect the shape
of the future internet. I do not understand this un realistic and
non-democratic attitude, even from members from the opposing
minority. This looks like despising the majority.

This is also the case with the HomeRoot and the VGN experimentation.
The list that claims to be representative when organizing an
international meeting tries to disregard this high-level reality of
the Internet technical project and this way to ignore propositions
that could have detrimental or positive effect on the Internet's
evolution and stability only because of its ignorance or of its lack
of thinking of the matter. One has to realize that HomeRoots and VGN
will probably broadly deploy now their MS concept are being taken as
an individual informed capable and intelligent user (IUser)
empowerment evidence. As such they will either help stabilizing the
Internet in proving the values of the 55 States minority or lead to
its destabilization showing why the 89 States majority was correct.

I would appreciate one tells me where I am wrong.
Hebe