[discuss] What is the scope of Internet Governance? Proposal from CCIA's NetMundial submission

S Moonesamy sm+1net at elandsys.com
Mon Mar 10 12:28:23 UTC 2014

Hi Nick,
At 02:09 10-03-2014, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:
>Our whole submission and rationale for these principles may be found
>here:
>http://content.netmundial.br/contribution/submission-to-the-global-stakeholder-meeting-on-the-future-of-internet-governance/248.
>You will find other submissions echo some, or all, of them.

There is the following in the submission:

   "International organizations should make it easier for newer participants
    to meaningfully engage in their processes."

It is encouraging to see the Computer & Communications Industry
Association suggesting an idea which might make life easier for newer
participants.

The idea reminds me of a comment I read recently:

   'This process, sometimes called "participatory evangelism", offers people
    opportunities to get involve but not to really count in the decision
    making process.  Indeed "there is an important distinction between making
    your views known and making your views counts".'

It is a problem faced by people living in developing
countries.  There is the cultural incomprehension which discourages
people from developing countries from further participation.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy