[discuss] IANA missing information

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Mar 17 19:48:02 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 04:08:52PM -0300, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:
> This is not good. 3166-1 table is a simple linear, basically static text
> list of country codes, why would anyone have to pay to look at it?
>
> Hope this can be fixed.

I think that's not IANA's fault.  The ISO's rules about republication
are ISO's policy.  I will observe, in passing, that ISO's membership
is exclusively national standards bodies, and that therefore neither
individuals nor companies can become members.

This resource may be useful for humans, however: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com