[discuss] surveillance governance, was Re: [governance] NTIA statement

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Mar 20 07:00:55 UTC 2014

Rare agreement between Alejandro and I. ;-)
I would use the term "networked governance" rather than "MS", though

From: discuss-bounces at 1net.org [mailto:discuss-bounces at 1net.org] On Behalf Of Alejandro Pisanty

that is not the way the Internet's successful multistakeholder governance mechanisms have emerged - no need to ask for a higher, central, global authority for permission. In fact, the pieces of it that exist had to be circumvented in order to get the Internet to expand. The top-down authorization echoes the delusion of One World Government and is the major flaw of the MIPOG idea.