[discuss] FW: Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:45:48 UTC 2014

Ah yes, and Comcast that exemplar of virtue and support for the democratic
process will, contrary  to all expectations, not, as the one paying the
piper expecting to call the tune... (and of course, we are expected to build
our hopes for a "democratic" governance of the Internet on such fantasies...

Legalized Corruption - The Comcast Merger and the FCC

May 31, 2011

By Terry Smiljanich:

In one of the most blatant examples of just how corrupt politics has become
in Washington, D.C., the head of the Federal Communications Commission, just
a few months after voting to allow one of the largest corporate mergers in
history, has accepted a high paying job at the new giant NBC/Comcast media
company. This raises an interesting question: can we call it corruption, if
it's all perfectly legal under current rules?

http://www.consumerwarningnetwork.com/2011/05/31/legalized-corruption-the-co
mcast-merger-and-the-fcc/

Comcast spends millions of dollars annually on government
relationships.[119] Comcast employs the spouses, sons and daughters of
mayors, councilmen, commissioners, and other officials to assure its
continued preferred market allocations.[120][121][122]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcast