[discuss] FW: Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

Michel Gauthier mg at telepresse.com
Sat Mar 22 13:12:00 UTC 2014

At 02:45 22/03/2014, McTim wrote:
>If you are trying to make an argument by quoting rfc3869 and then
>quoting a page from the ISOC website I think you will have to do
>better than that, as one is related to research and the Comcast
>partnership is about IETF meetings and other activities.  ISOC
>itself doesn't do research in the way that DNS-OARC or CAIDA or
>others do it.  ISOC does surveys mainly and recently economic
>effects of IXPs, etc.
>
>If you would prefer public funding for IETF activities, then please
>state that, otherwise, one can't tell what your argument is all about.

I only do my collection, analysis and reporting job after sorting
real, tricky, naive and noisy inputs, on this and other equivalent
lists or fora where real infuencing strategies are observable.

To my knowledge DNS-OARC is a private club of which the interest in
users support is characterized by its
https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/dnsentropy page which states:
"On August 7, 2008, <http://www.ioactive.com/kaminsky.html>Dan
Kaminsky will release additional details about these poisoning attacks. "

CAIDA membership is beyond financial access to FLOSS IUsers and
corporations interested in their market, what is my focussed area.

I am waiting for an open free DNSA where all the stakeholders are on
an equal discussion and decision footing.

M G