[discuss] FW: Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 22:21:13 UTC 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 23 Mar 2014 05:49, "michael gurstein" <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tks Stephen,
>

> Please note that my comments were meant for the larger audience of those
with an interest in how the Internet is and is to be managed/governed i.e.
all of those impacted by the Internet which by now includes most everyone
in the world.  It was only incidentally meant for those, including those
most active on this (and other IG related) lists, for whom no argument that
presents critical analyses or questions concerning this drive towards MSism
apparently can be countenanced.

> What I said was:
>

> It seems quite explicit that the IETF and ISOC, two of the major pillars
of multistakeholderism which is so vehemently being promoted by the US
Government and its followers in the tech and civil society communities as a
replacement for democratic governance of the Internet, have long histories
of accepting payments from Comcast a major US corporation which is widely
understood as being among the least ethical and possibly most active in
undermining US policy and regulatory processes in support of its own narrow
economic self-interests (increasingly encompassing the Internet).

> So far no one has questioned the truth of this statement.

Did you say no one questioned? Isn't that what everyone has been faulting
so far. Your statement above is quite weighty and could affect the
credibility of an organisation. However a statement like that is only
useful/helpful when you have a proof of the claim otherwise you did be
accused for impersonation (...but hey this is freedom of speech immunity
you have via this platform...lol).
I am particularly interested to know why you think your statement above is
"true" with practical proof please.

Thanks

Regards