[discuss] Comcast undertakes 9 year IETF cosponsorship!?

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sun Mar 23 07:14:35 UTC 2014

On Mar 23, 2014, at 2:59 PM, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> (standards making for something as socially important today as the Internet, in absence of any further neutral public oversight constitutes a governance function).

Really?  There are hundreds of IETF protocols (and there can be hundreds of
Internet Drafts proposing changes or enhancements coming up for consideration
to become an RFC at any given IETF meeting...)

Decisions on all of those documents are "governance functions"?  That is
beyond believability, and hence I ask what criteria or circumstances that
you believe would make a decision on a document an act of  "governance"...

Thanks!
/John

Disclaimers: My views alone.