[discuss] A plea to refocus our efforts

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Wed Mar 26 16:42:35 UTC 2014

Thanks very much, George! This post is the only one I’ve read from the beginning to the end on this list since several weeks.
It supports my little hope that improvement of the signal to noise ratio may be possible with regards to the tasks the community is faced.

I’m convinced that an acceptance of structural lines of how to lead the discussions on the list is essential prior to start running. This was missing when 1net was put in place. Without having a certain kind of structure it will end up again in chaos and frustration.

In addition – and this I don’t know how to achieve – a kind of (self)control of these structural guidelines is needed in case deviation from the accepted principles seems leading to points not related to the issues to be solved.

We should also discuss to what extent ICANN as the “administrative” or “coordinating” arm of the community could be of support.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich Knoben