[discuss] List membership management

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue May 6 14:21:24 UTC 2014

On 06-May-14 09:18, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:
> I disagree. We could all transition over to the forums, and would do,
> were this list to be closed at some defined date - or become
> announce-only.

After being reprimanded by a member of this list for being in the top
ten posters to this list two months running, I tried to use the forum.

It was lonely over there and I came back to the list.

The point is, if people refuse to use it, it isn't useful.

And we have people who are set in their ways and who have important
experience to impart, which contributes to the richness and uniqueness
of this list.

Since the forum was meant to feed into this list and vice versa, I would
like to see a few of us try to use a hybrid approach.  I am willing to
try again if others are.

Having said all of that, how will it change the fact that some people
don't like some other peoples modalities of contribution?

I still suggest a wise application of Postel's Robustness and whatever
filters are necessary to maintain you equilibrium to all subscribers of
this list.

avri