[discuss] NETmundial and CSTD mtg

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at internet-ecosystem.org
Sun May 18 12:28:15 UTC 2014

<much snipped for brevity>

We do need to hear more from the existing and traditional institutions such as those you mention, but I think it is even more important to hear from those that we don't hear from - I will speak to the High Commissioner for Human Rights' office and I asked the International Trade Centre's DG last Friday to consider organising a session, as they're doing really constructive work in many countries around the world to help SMEs leverage the Internet for social and economic advancement.

We need to hear from those organisations who are working on 'Internet public policy issues' that are not centrally about the Internet, but about social issues where there is an Internet dimension. Not only do those organisations need the benefit of this community and its knowledge and expertise, we also need theirs: we don't need to reinvent wheels. IMHO.