[discuss] Final draft of the IGF Mandate recommendation statement

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Wed Sep 3 20:56:52 UTC 2014

Really great work, thanks a lot for drafting this in these busy days.

Some small suggestions:

1. replace: widespread multi-stakeholder support to broad
multi-stakeholder support
2. replace continuing with prolonged mandate for
3. in para two the it sounds a bit like the biggest
achievement/objective of the IGF is supporting the IGF trust fund
4. perhaps a bit more enchanting first sentence? Perhaps along the
lines of: The internet is here to stay, the same should be true for
the IGF because multistakeholder dialogue is essential for maintaining
this crucial tool for freedom of expression, social and economical
development.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Niels

- --
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint = 8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4 678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9