[discuss] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Dec 31 16:29:09 UTC 2013

In message <4AAF387F-E88B-4145-95E9-26E2F7CB37D9 at gmail.com>, at 12:52:54
on Tue, 31 Dec 2013, William Drake <wjdrake at gmail.com> writes
>> One example is that I was probably once of the few people to have attended every single Geneva prep/consultation and annual session of the
>>IGF in its first five years.
>
>FWIW there are quite a few people from all stakeholder groups who’ve been involved in every meeting over the first eight years, and some of
>them were even involved before the beginning.   Many of them are here on this list.

My recollection of some of the IGF consultation meetings in year 4, and
especially year 5, was that from a very large room full of a thousand
people it had dwindled to something like "half the MAG, other people
also appointed to moderate main sessions, plus a couple of dozen
others".

Just from a mathematical point of view, if you exclude anyone who failed
to attend *any one* such meeting, the remainder who attended *every
single one* has to be quite a small number.
--
Roland Perry