[discuss] Time to be more precise about Internet Governance

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at ccianet.org
Fri Jan 3 08:07:05 UTC 2014

A big +1 to Olivier's comments. As one of the staff members at ICANN responsible for supporting At-Large I don't recognize Jorge's characterisation of AL at all. In particular, the idea that elections are 'fixed' is particularly untrue - the electoral machinery and processes in that community are far more transparent, rules-based, and likely to produce truly representative results than anything I have seen in any other IG related process.