[discuss] Who will be in Brazil

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Tue Jan 7 20:09:07 UTC 2014

In regards to remote participation, careful planning and considerable
technical expertise is required to make sure a  high quality internet
connection is available not only to those physically attending the meeting,
but also those who will do so remotely.  A technical briefing  from the
organizing committee on this issue would be most welcome.

That being said, there are different types of remote participation - shall
we spec it out?

>From my perspective,  One thing is having remote access to the event, where
we can hear the conversation.  Another, far more complex  and desirable
option would be to get a commitment from the organizers of the event to
facilitate effective remote engagement. The later allows for remote
attendees to not just hear the speakers but also participate in the
considerable number of side events and outside the meeting room discussions
that are quite common at ICANN and IG related meetings.