[discuss] Interesting article

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 19:36:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Kivuva <Kivuva at transworldafrica.com> wrote:

> The debate on anycast and root servers has been there for decades. But
> those who call for removal of control of the primary 13 root servers
> from one entity still have a point,

While "they" may have a point, i am however yet to hear them propose a
better alternative [1]. I am also not a fan of the word control in the
internet space(especially when it control on behalf) as i prefer coordinate
which i think is what ICANN is attempting to demonstrate to the global
Internet users through her globalisation processes. Nevertheless, its still
far from perfect, but better than yesterday.

Cheers!
1. An alternative that will still ensure a structured but yet open internet
naming system.

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*