[discuss] On the technical side

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Mon Mar 17 14:45:14 UTC 2014

On Mar 17, 2014, at 9:54 AM, JFC Morfin (Intlnet) <jefsey at intlnet.org> wrote:

> At 23:48 16/03/2014, John Curran wrote:
>>   Jefsey raised a concern (based on the IETF Trust document) about "USG delegation", but has failed to actually identify the nature of the conflict.
> IRT. John and Andrew;  you have not understood my incidence. You have taken a thematic reminder/question set for an objection. Instead of asking me, you should have read the text and carefully considered the possible cons and pros for the transition in your respective areas (a domain where you are more competent than any others) and he should have listed point by point where you feel OK and where you think something is to be protected in your best interest.

JFC -

  At this point, I have no desire to attempt to figure out that which
  "is to be protected in (my) best interest"...  In my view, there are
  too many open questions to start formulation of specific positions.

  I do, however, wish to understand others views and concerns, including
  whatever concern you have with respect to the IETF Trust document.
  We have now exchanged quite a few messages on the topic, and yet I am
  no closer to understanding your reasoning for providing that particular
  "thematic reminder" (and expect that no further insight is coming from
  you on the topic.)  If that's the case, let's just move on, and we'll
  attribute the spurious note to your enthusiasm for this topic rather
  than just obfuscation of the discussion.

Thanks!
/John

Disclaimer: My views alone.