[discuss] On the technical side

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Mar 17 15:42:55 UTC 2014

At 15:45 17/03/2014, John Curran wrote:
>At this point, I have no desire to attempt to figure out that
>which  "is to be protected in (my) best interest"...  In my view,
>there are too many open questions to start formulation of specific positions.

I do not understand you. You have this way eventually expressed your
position in response to my suggested work consideration. Thank you.

This position looks an absolute despise of your customers. You
explain us that in a situation changing the legal context of your
ARIN proposition (https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html) you have no
desire to invest time in considering and discussing with your staff
and lawyers what could help/affect them. This is extremely surprising
of yours but noted.

Another possibility is that you misunderstood me (as I suggested but
you did not confirm). You nevertheless express that this document
(hence the points it alludes to) raizes many questions calling for
specific positions. Hence that the legal environment of the NTIA
proposition needs serious further considerations where there might
be  room for political implications. This is something we agree.

The difference however between you and me, is that you have an
existing legally committed business proposition with customers, while
I oppose its framework and therefore have none, but need one for my
fellows from the multitude. This means that your operations are
directly affected, mine far less.

However, your position for disregarding any possible legal
implication means that you are confident that the NTIA move will not
actually call for a change in your terms and condtions and that it
will just permit an US judge to ask Interpol to send me to jail, or
ICANN to block my DNS, if I find an alternative to your proposition that works.

This is certainly a precious information that I will not be alone to note.
Best.
jfc