[discuss] First Net

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 21:13:49 UTC 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 4 Apr 2014 18:58, "nathalie coupet" <nathaliecoupet at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Could you be able to tell me whether First Net is an Intranet, another
internet (with another root, and name-space resolution system)?

>From the set of principles [1]; the watcher seem to avoid being watched, it
also seem to be a backup plan just incase the unforeseen happens to the
almighty internet ;)

First and foremost, the FirstNet network is being built for public safety.
The purpose of the network is to provide a broadband wireless
communications to police officers, firefighters, paramedics and other
public safety and support personnel to meet their important mission every
day.

Cheers!
1. http://firstnet.gov/about/guiding-principles

> Why would it be inconceivable to admit that BGP needs an overhaul? I'm
sure all governments must be working on ways to put their critical
infrastructure on another switch-packet system with maybe F2F connectivity?
Black nets? Or something else? Please explain what possibilities there are
for governments to safeguard their critical infrastructure: